12 December 2012

ANTICORRUPTION – A LOST CAUSE?




Just as I thought finally a start towards ending corruption and here comes a time where the moment has lost its glory and is back to being a feeble voice among many. Has the country become so hopeless that they choose to ignore the ray of hope that was offered? Or is it that there are no more untainted people around anymore? It really frustrates me to see most people turning a blind eye or just sitting around talking about it but doing nothing more than that. If each person had the initiative to stand up against it the world would be a much happier place!
The root cause that I am raving and ranting is that recently I got shouted at because I chose to protest against how people with influence and deep pockets get their job done fast while a less unfortunate person has to walk in and out of various government servants offices to at least elicit a rude and vague promise that their job will be done. My uncle was all in for shouting at me for believing in what I did saying what can I do to stop it? And that all I would get in return was my work not being done so its better to turn a blind eye!
People who sit around talking about it but doing nothing to improve the conditions are just as bad as people who turn a blind eye towards corruption. The sad part? Most people have given up hope entirely thinking what can one person do against so many?! This type of thinking is exactly the reason nobody gets anywhere close to accomplishing the said objective. I say be the person to stand up and make a difference because every person matters.

1 comment:

  1. Beautifully written. I quite agree with you on this front.

    ReplyDelete